tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wirz <mich...@wirzi.de>
Subject Small patch for manager app: Setting an optional context path on war file uploads
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 20:12:11 GMT
Dear Tomcat Developers,

whenever my build system produces new webarchive artifacts (.war-files)
it creates
files named my_new_build.rXXXX.war where XXXX corresponds to some
version information.

Whenever I want to deploy a specific version on a remote test machine
using the HTML manager, to get the context right, I have to rename
the .war locally before I upload it.

I enhanced the tomcat-svn-trunk manager app to provide an optional
context path
when using the "WAR file to deploy" section.

Are you interested in this patch? If true, I could post it here or send
it to you.

- Michael Wirz