tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: APR and NIO
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2008 13:24:28 GMT
The async close is important to 'long-polling' which is what bayuex does.
if you have  20 second timeout, there is a chance that the client could
reuse the connection after it has received the 'end chunk' (0) from the
server, and sends a new request.
if there is no async close support, then the server will take the new
request and generate a READ event in the old request space.
that's why I wanted the hooks in there for async-close support
Filip