tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Hartner <a...@j2anywhere.com>
Subject Using JSF Converter to handle NULL values for empty Strings ""
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:34:01 GMT
I am using a JSF convert to convert empty string submitted to null
values. I am able to see the converter doing it's thing and returning
null as expected, however the controller is not updated with a null
value, but an empty string instead. I then had a dig around online for
the cause of the problem and found the problem to be related to the
version of tomcat being used:

I came accross this post online :

http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=427&threadID=5273588

and then tried 6.0.18 and 6.0.14. Previously I was using 6.0.16. The
problem indeed does not appear in 6.0.14, however both 6.0.16 and 18
are affected by it.

I found some other posts on this issue as well :

http://www.icefaces.org/JForum/posts/list/8024.page and https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1979

I wonder what has changed, and how I can fix this
Alex