tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "André-John Mas" <andrejohn....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ability to rename JSESSIONID to something else
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 18:21:33 GMT
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists
<devlists@hanik.com> wrote:
> very true, didn't realize so many places referenced it, however, this gets
> confusing
>
> -    public static final String SESSION_COOKIE_NAME = "JSESSIONID";
> +    public static final String SESSION_COOKIE_NAME =
> +        System.getProperty("org.apache.catalina.JSESSIONID", "JSESSIONID");
>

>    /**
>     * The name of the path parameter used to pass the session identifier
>     * back and forth with the client.
>     */
> -    public static final String SESSION_PARAMETER_NAME = "jsessionid";
> +    public static final String SESSION_PARAMETER_NAME =
> +        System.getProperty("org.apache.catalina.jsessionid", "jsessionid");
>

> two system properties, and the only difference is the case? lets not do
> that!

I would go for:

org.apache.catalina.SESSION_COOKIE_NAME
org.apache.catalina.SESSION_PARAMETER_NAME

the thinking here is that we are specifying the name of the constant
who's value we wish to change, the names are distinct and we also
avoid the case issue.

Andre

--
mailto:andrejohn.mas@gmail.com