tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: [VOTE/SENSUS] connection pool
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 23:32:55 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> Let's get a feel for what we think we should do.
> Based on
> I believe (pick only one):
> a. [ ] It doesn't belong here, take it elsewhere
> b. [ ] Bring it here, we'll ship it with next major version of Tomcat
> c. [X] Bring it here, we'll make it an independent module with its own
> release cycle
> d. [ ] I'm ok with any these option
> e. [ ] Lets discuss it some more, to bring more options to the table

To caveat my vote:

In the early days I think it makes sense to keep this separate as the
module matures. This would enable a more rapid response to bugs than would
be possible/desirable if it were packaged with a release.

Once it is stable then I think we need to revist how it is packaged,
possibly adding it to the standard Tomcat distro, maybe transferring it to
the commons or db projects. (My expectation is that whilst Tomcat 7.x will
be more modular, the stable modules will be packaged together to keep
release management / version numbering simple but that is a debate for
another time.)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message