tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat connection pool contribution
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 16:00:16 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists
> <devlists@hanik.com> wrote:
>
>> I hear both of your concerns, and I will withdraw the proposal, thanks for speaking
up

> These are all good comments.  Is it possible to package up in a way
> that core Tomcat does not depend on it, like Costin said?

sure is, tomcat doesn't depend on it today, the new dbcp depends on
tomcat-juli.jar, so the dependency is the other way

> I know the current DBCP packaging sucks, and that the current DBCP
> project is stagnant.  That's why I said I'd use your new code.  I
> don't want to lose it completely ;)

there are two questions two be answered
1. what source repository does it sit in
2. If it sits under the tomcat umbrella, is it released with tomcat or
as an independent module (like mod_jk, tcnative, etc)

Filip