tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Small memory leak in mod_jk
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2008 14:04:23 GMT
Hi,

we have a small memory leak in mod_jk. Every time we restart, we leak a
temporary pool, which we use to resolve addresses. How much memory we
leak depends on the number of workers.

The problem is in common/jk_connect.c, where we create an apr pool to
resolve IP addresses. This pool is never destroyed and after each Apache
restart a new one gets created.

Mladen: is there any clever way of making the pool auto-destroy?
Otherwise we could either use a new pool for each call to jk_resolve and
destroy it at the end of jk_resolve (not nice, but not a big problem,
because jk_resolve only gets calle dduring start/restart), or we nee to
call a jk_connect cleanup function from mod_jk.c itself.

What do you prefer?

Regards,

Rainer