tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: JK 1.2.27-dev snapshot
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:24:45 GMT
Mladen Turk schrieb:
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>> I like the idea of thoroughly testing snapshots before tagging, because
>> although version numbers are cheap (in subversion), user confusion also
>> easily arises from "missing" (i.e. non-released) versions.
>

> Sounds reasonable. I'll prepare the new snapshot with full set
> of binaries by tomorrow. I have nothing to commit, so lets
> push for testing.
> Think we could put it inside tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist
> instead some /~user/

That's OK as long as the file names indicate it's a snapshot. The
jkrelease.sh lets you do a release type tarball from trunk and it will
contain automatically the subversion revision in the tarball name.

If you are short on time, I can prepare the snapshot this evening, but
would prefer you to build the win binaries, because I don't have an old
MS compiler. If you want me to do the snapshot, send a short message,
otherwise I'll wait for you and work on something else.

Regards,

Rainer