tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: tomcat trunk - changelog
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:03:32 GMT
If we really prefer to be particular about change logs. Then we should
create a BUGZILLA VERSION called trunk and potentially a new "product"
called tomcat 7 (or tomcat-unknown). Then any fix first goes into
Bugzilla with a description of the fix.

Then every commit message would contain the BUGZILLA ID. This allows
multiple commits to span a single bugzilla entry.

Then it would be trivial to get the distinct set of BUGZILLA ids and
extract with the summary (and/or) description. Likewise - it probably
wouldn't be hard to have something listening on the commits and update
the BUGZILLA entry with a with a URL to the change.

--
Possible example commit message:

bug: 12345
bug=12345