tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: tomcat trunk - changelog
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:18:17 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> I never understood the use of the manual changelog - as opposed to svn log
> and good  commit messages.
> Could we just use that ?

that would be nice if we then could generate the 'changelog' to ship
with the release.
for an admin that is about to upgrade, it's much nicer to have the
changelog to see what bugs got fixed, what changes were implemented,
then have to scan the SVN repository.
the changelog. the changelog is widely used by admins during upgrade
scenarios

best
Filip