tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ability to rename JSESSIONID to something else
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 18:29:03 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> very true, didn't realize so many places referenced it, however, this
> gets confusing
>
> -    public static final String SESSION_COOKIE_NAME = "JSESSIONID";
> +    public static final String SESSION_COOKIE_NAME =
> +        System.getProperty("org.apache.catalina.JSESSIONID",
> "JSESSIONID");
>

>     /**
>      * The name of the path parameter used to pass the session identifier
>      * back and forth with the client.
>      */
> -    public static final String SESSION_PARAMETER_NAME = "jsessionid";
> +    public static final String SESSION_PARAMETER_NAME =
> +        System.getProperty("org.apache.catalina.jsessionid",
> "jsessionid");
>

> two system properties, and the only difference is the case? lets not do
> that!

Agreed. This should probably be session cookie and session path
We have the liberty to choose the property name thought.
In new mod_jk I made that as worker.xxx.session_cookie and
worker.xxx.session_path respectively.
It's not yet released so it would be cool if we could sync
the naming.

Regards
--
^(TM)