tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r701777 - in /tomcat/connectors/trunk/jk/native/common: jk_lb_worker.c jk_lb_worker.h
Date Sun, 05 Oct 2008 14:29:01 GMT
Hi Mladen,

mturk@apache.org schrieb:
> +            /* Pull shared memory if something changed during sleep */
> +            jk_shm_lock();
> +            if (p->worker->sequence != p->worker->s->h.sequence)
> +                jk_lb_pull(p->worker, l);
> +            jk_shm_unlock();

I think the new lock - pull -unlock blocks are not needed.
The pull is not relevant for the runtime states, like busyness or error
states. It is only important, after status worker administration changed
configuration related items. Retry cycles last typically sub second, so
whether a configuration change via the status worker influences a retry
or not is not really predictable. I can imagine no scenario, where those
additional pulls before retries are really helpful. What do you think?

Regards,

Rainer