tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Branching connectors/jni for Tomcat Native
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 17:43:44 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> There are few issues and questions, I'm not sure its as simple as it looks
> :-)
>
> For new development - are you going to make changes in both branches ? I
> assume there will be
> features that can only be done in 1.3.

Right.
1.1.x will be in bug fixing mode

> Also, if we have separate releases of APR - are we going to release binaries
> ? For both ?

Right. 1.1.x will be released for bug fixing purposes.
It's quite stable these days, and there's no need for polluting
that with new features or changed way of pool management.

> What is the apr version in common linux distros ?

Depends, Httpd 2.2.<something>+ relies on APR 1.3. SVN as well,
so eventually distros will pick it up.

> Is this something that can't be done with #ifdefs and compilation tricks ?

Nope. That's a nightmare to maintain, and doesn't resolve anything
from binary standpoint.

Regards
--
^(TM)