tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r701355 - in /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina: core/StandardContext.java startup/LocalStrings.properties startup/TldConfig.java
Date Fri, 03 Oct 2008 12:36:25 GMT
Now I am more confused. So tldDigester is static. The init method sets
setTldValidation and setTldNamespaceAware based on the first Context it
encountered. (As well as the first StandardHost) So if another
Context/StandardHost have different settings, they are ignored. (Which
sounds like a different pre-existing "bug") In which case, not much to
worry about. And since only one instance of tldDigester would exist
(instead of one per context) - its not the end of the world with respect
to memory waste.

-Tim