tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Pich <cmp...@cs.uoregon.edu>
Subject ExtensionValidator problem
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 18:52:55 GMT
Hi,

I found a bizarre behavior in the startup, i.e. in the
ExtensionValidator.validateManifestResources() method.
when an extension library is not found then this method logs a message
on 'info' level and returns a 'false'.
The return value is the right thing to do but since this validation
failure leads to a failure in starting up the context
the logging level should be 'error'. I encountered the problem and the
only message I got is an inconspicuous
'Error getConfigured' in the StandardContext. People typically do not
put the Tomcat classes into 'info' mode and they shouldn't.

Shall I file a bug?
Also, I'd be happy to fix this. How do I become a committer?

Christian