tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Leon Rosenberg" <>
Subject Re: Tomcat connection pool contribution
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 15:33:29 GMT
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists
<> wrote:
> Remy and Yoav, I totally understand where you are coming from, and I have
> thought about it for while before I suggested adding it here

> 4. Going with the little piece of code (8classes) elsewhere is a bit moot,
> the code is complete, it's not gonna attract a community based on 8classes.
> And that is why it would be awkward putting it anywhere else, its not like
> this code is gonna grow and evolve into a large organic project, hence
> within the ASF, it would be considered dead even before it started.

On a side note, myself and probably many others would be very
interested in alternative (better) connection pools, so starting it as
a new, independent project at, sourceforge or what not, would
be worth a try!

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message