tomcat-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Andre-John Mas <andrejohn....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UTF-8 POST request results in corrupted data
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 00:58:17 GMT
Just to repeat what I stated in the ticket:

The problem I have with the suggested approach is that it treats UTF-8  
as an
exception, rather that a norm for my whole application server. I am  
not sure
that I should be having to be specifying the encoding before handling  
every
request. For a web site that is completely in UTF-8 that is a lot of  
duplicated
code.

Also, I ask the question why should we allow one behaviour for the URI  
in the
container and not allow for the same with regards to the POST?

André

On 6-Oct-08, at 19:11 , Tim Funk wrote:

> Before reading the POST body - you should first be doing this:
> request.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8")
>
>
> -Tim
>
> André-John Mas wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have opened issue 45957, for an issue that has bothered me for a  
>> while:
>> https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=45957
>> To resume:
>> Currently in Tomcat 5 if a request is received containing UTF-8
>> content then any accents or non-Roman characters are corrupted, since
>> there is an assumption
>> the POST request is ISO-8895-1 (latin1). For example 'é' becomes  
>> 'Ã(c)'
>> Has anyone looked into this as part of a separate task, otherwise I
>> would be willing to see what could be done.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message