tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Bush" <dan.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Possibility of Making JSESSIONID Configurable
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:39:41 GMT
I have the need to change the name of the session cookie to something
other than JSESSIONID. With some other containers like Weblogic it can
be adjusted via the provider descriptor (weblogic.xml)
[http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs100/webapp/weblogic_xml.html#wp1071982].
Tomcat makes use of a global field value. I was wondering what the
possibility of making the session cookie name, and the related stuff
like the URL parameter configurable at run time. I don't think this
would impact mod_jk because I believe that is configurable via a
directive.