tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r696650 - /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk/STATUS.txt
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2008 17:52:10 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 17:27 +0100, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> My questions are trying to understand the timing. Basically whether a)
>> 6.0.18 went out with TCK failures or  b) you fixed the failures as part of
>> the 6.0.18 release or c) some change in svn post 6.0.18 caused the
>> failures. It wasn't clear to me which it was.
>
> Not certain about 6.0.18 (I think it should be ok, though), but it's
> most definitely after the latest fix that I used my hack, and it worked.

6.0.18 is OK. The EL tests all pass.

>> Your most recent message makes things clear that it is c). It looks like
>> the new fix for 42565 still has some issues. It's good to know that a new
>> javacc / lookahead 3 should fix it but I would like to understand why if
>> only to avoid breaking EL again with any future change.
>
> I don't really know what I am doing with that EL parser, so no idea
> about optimal parameters.

You know about as much as me then ;)

I still get the problems with the latest javacc so it must be your look
ahead change that fixed it. I do get a couple of look ahead warnings when I
run javacc so I am going to see if I can put in explicit fixes for those
warnings rather than setting the look ahead globally.

Mark