tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Servlet 3.0 and Common Javaflow
Date Sun, 14 Sep 2008 22:40:40 GMT
hi Stefano,

Stefano Bagnara wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I read that Servlet 3.0 will probably support pause/resume methods and
> I read that Jetty 7 preview already rewrote its continuations support
> to expose "standard" servlet 3.0 services.
>
> Is there any plan to support this in tomcat?
the servlet 3.0 has not yet come to a conclusion on what type of
asynchronous  behavior to expose.

> Do you know that ASF host a cool generic continuation library?
> Commons Javaflow (http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/javaflow/)
yes, I've explored it in the past for the exact same reason. From a
performance standpoint, instrumenting every possible class, it not that
great of an idea. In Tomcat 6, with Comet, we already have this behavior
without any bytecode instrumentation

> I'm just spreading the word, because I thought javaflow is interesting
> for supporting servlet 3.0 and I would be happy to see some community
> built around this cool library.
>
> Stefano

Filip