tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r691359 [1/8] - in /tomcat/trunk: ./ java/org/apache/cometd/ java/org/apache/cometd/bayeux/ java/org/apache/tomcat/bayeux/ java/org/apache/tomcat/bayeux/request/ test/org/apache/cometd/ test/org/apache/cometd/bayeux/ test/org/apache/cometd/...
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 22:10:31 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> +****For the bayeux implementation*********
> +* Copyright 2007-2008 Guy Molinari
> +* Copyright 2007-2008 Filip Hanik
> +* Copyright 2007 Dojo Foundation
> +* Copyright 2007 Mort Bay Consulting Pty. Ltd.
>
> Personally, I don't like that. As far as I am concerned, I like the code
> in ASF repositories to be (c) ASF, as it's always been.

That isn't the case. The collective work is (c) ASF but individual
contributions are (c) to the committer / contributor that provided them. I
may not have used exactly the right language to express this - the
legal-dicuss list is the place to get a better answer.

That said, the COPYRIGHT file needs to go. That information should be in
NOTICE.

Mark