tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From John G <johngh...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AJP and PHP
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 05:53:15 GMT
Why scary,  all I am trying to acheive is persistant connections to a servlet from PHP..

The same interface is used from Apache to a servlet, both in mod_jk and mod_proxy_ajp.
It seems less clumsy and more efficient than implementing a curl call and this same
persistant interface could also be used as a Web Service transport instead of JSON..

John Gentilin

--- On Wed, 8/13/08, Jim Manico <jim@manico.net> wrote:

From: Jim Manico <jim@manico.net>
Subject: Re: AJP and PHP
To: johngheli@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 10:35 PM

scary man - this cries for a web service interface.

- Jim
> I have a project where our presentation layer is in PHP and the business
logic is Servlet based.. The interface is JSON via a CURL call..

> I was thinking that I could gain some efficiencies if I created a native
AJP implementation as a PHP PECL module using memcache and mod_jk as templates
and create a

--
Jim Manico, Senior Application Security Engineer
jim.manico@aspectsecurity.com | jim@manico.net

Aspect Security™
Securing your applications at the source
http://www.aspectsecurity.com

Management, Developers, Security Professionals ...
... can only result in one thing. BETTER SECURITY.
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_NYC_AppSec_2008_Conference
Sept 22nd-25th 2008