tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "David Rees" <>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 & 4.1 Security Release
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 02:02:13 GMT
I posted a couple messages to the user/dev lists last week asking the
same question, but still haven't seen any mention of a plan to release
a new 5.5.x or 4.1.x to fix the security issues posted at the
beginning of the month.

Is there a plan to push a new release for either 5.5.x or 4.1.x or
should end users assume that we're on our own regarding these two
versions and we should either patch/build them ourselves or upgrade to
6.0.x which does appear to be maintained?

It appears that both branches already have all the required security
patches applied to them so I don't see what the hold up is here. Are
there other changes applied to the branches which need to be tested?
I'm more than happy to help with testing where I can.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message