tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: *SPAM* Re: mod_proxy_balancer issue
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:16:53 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> As Mladen said, there is some very prelim discussions regarding
> key aspects of these issue on the httpd-dev list. But it is hardly
> unique to mod_proxy (mod_dbd could also use a nice robust watchdog
> hook implementation).

Correct. The bottom line is like you said to move discussion
to correct list. I just noted to Jess how it's done in mod_jk.
mod_proxy would need slightly ;) different approach.

But at least the core (watchdog hook) functionality is
under development, and the final goal is to implement at least
connection pool recycling. Jess is free to propose any
other meaningful addition for a better error detection
and failover as far as I'm concerned (on the correct list)

Regards
--
^(TM)