tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Manico <...@manico.net>
Subject Re: is JDK 1.1 still needed? README say Java5
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 04:12:45 GMT
I would say that the era of Java up through 1.3 is dead. Java 1.4 and
above is the only thing I see in production anymore.

- Jim

> browsing the tomcat trunk, i found org.apache.tomcat.util.collections.*
>
> is org.apache.tomcat.util.collections still used? some classes have a
> comment  - since this package must also run on JDK 1.1 -
>
> there are some Classes wich aren't used any longer? or should not used
> (Enumeration replaced by Iterator)
>
> some of those (Queue) could be replaced by java.util.concurrent
> package i think
>
> not used/not visible are
> (EmptyEnumeration,MultiMapValuesEnumeration,Queue)
>

> ---
> Jens Kapitza

Jim Manico, Senior Application Security Engineer
jim.manico@aspectsecurity.com | jim@manico.net
(301) 604-4882 (work)
(808) 652-3805 (cell)

Aspect Security™
Securing your applications at the source
http://www.aspectsecurity.com

Management, Developers, Security Professionals ...
... can only result in one thing. BETTER SECURITY.
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_NYC_AppSec_2008_Conference
Sept 22nd-25th 2008