tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Windows" by DaveBrondsema
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:25:12 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by DaveBrondsema:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Windows

   1. [#Q7 Why can't Tomcat see my mapped drive when running as a service?]
   1. [#Q8 Why aren't access logs showing up in Tomcat on Vista?]
   1. [#Q9 Why do I get a "HTTP/1.x 400 No Host matches server name" error when I change the
"webapps" folder in Tomcat on Vista?]
+  1. [#Q10 How do I add or customize a Windows Service for Tomcat?]

  == Answers ==
  [[Anchor(Q1)]]'''Why do I get Out of Environment Space?'''
@@ -51, +52 @@

  By default, the Tomcat Windows Service installer attempts to place Tomcat inside the "Program
Files" folder.  Default Vista folder permissions conflict with the contents of the "webapps"
folder, can case a blank page to come up when attempting to access the webapp.  By using a
HTTP Header inspector like "[https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3829 Live HTTP
Headers]" you can see a slightly more descriptive error message.  It is best to change Tomcat's
install folder to something like "C:\Tomcat".  This issue can be hard to spot because by default
the example webapps work just fine.

+ [[Anchor(Q10)]]'''How do I add or customize a Windows Service for Tomcat?'''
+
+ Tomcat uses the Apache Commons Daemon.  You can read its documentation at http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html
 As a short example, you can create a new Windows Service with the full version number in
its name like this:
+
+ {{{bin\tomcat6.exe //IS//tomcat6018 --DisplayName "Apache Tomcat 6.0.18"}}}
+