tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Security" by TimFunk
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:02:01 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by TimFunk:

The comment on the change is:
Server header

   1. [#Q6 How do I restrict access by ip address or remote host?]
   1. [#Q7 How do I use jsvc/procrun to run Tomcat on port 80 securely?]
   1. [#Q8 Has Tomcat's security been independently analyzed or audited?]
+  1. [#Q9 How do I change the Server header in the response?]
  == Answers ==
  [[Anchor(Q1)]]'''How do I use OpenSSL to set up my own Certificate Authority (CA)?'''
@@ -57, +59 @@

  Yes, by numerous organizations and individuals, many times. Try [
this Google search] and you'll see many references, guides, and analyses.
+ [[Anchor(Q9)]]'''How do I change the Server header in the response?'''
+ In server.xml - add a "server" attribute to the Connector element.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message