tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Miscellaneous" by TimFunk
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:10:26 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by TimFunk:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Miscellaneous

The comment on the change is:
startup order

   1. [#Q24 I'm getting java.lang.ThreadDeath exceptions when reloading my webapp.]
   1. [#Q25 Help! Even though I run shutdown.sh (or shutdown.bat), Tomcat does not stop!]
   1. [#Q26 How do I debug JSP errors in the Admin web application?]
+  1. [#Q27 What order do webapps start (or How can I change startup order)?]

  == Answers ==
  [[Anchor(Q1)]]'''I am unable to compile my JSP!'''
@@ -250, +251 @@

   6. If you haven't already, define an admin user in %CATALINA_HOME%\conf\tomcat-users.xml.
   7. Start Tomcat, navigate to http://localhost:8080 (or your actual server:port if you have
modified the default values), and access the admin web application. It will run slower because
Tomcat is now compiling the JSPs on-demand the first time you access them, but should otherwise
appear normal.

+ [[Anchor(Q27)]]'''What order do webapps start (or How can I change startup order)?'''
+
+ There is no expected startup order. Neither the Servlet spec nor Tomcat define one. You
can't rely on the apps starting in any particular order.
+