tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <>
Subject Re: WARP development
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:10:57 GMT
I'm curious - why do you think warp sounds 'better', or 'faster and more
efficient' than AJP ?
I don't remember any benchmark or major difference. And I think that was the
main reason
it was abandoned - it was just different, without 'better'. In fact there
were even talks to
abandon AJP - since it's not so much 'better' than plain HTTP.

If you want to play with connectors - you may want to take a look at the
recently opensourced
protocol buffers, it will save you the time writing the marshalling and
they're very efficient and
 flexible. I would enthusiastically support such a connector :-)
The only reason I can see to still have a non-http connector is to allow
'out of band' management
operations and enable other RPC-style communication, and for that you would
need a more generic
marshaling than AJP.