tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Feedback on new startup class
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:37:54 GMT
Following Filip's example :-)

Please check http://people.apache.org/~costin/startup/ for a new class I
would like to add to tomcat(head), and an associated example/unit test. It
allows a jetty-like mode of programmatic loading/config of tomcat, without
any config file.

I know the 'official' way to run tomcat is using server.xml, and embedding
via JMX - but this mode is quite convenient in many cases.

Any problems with naming the class 'Tomcat' ? Easy to rename, but since this
will be directly used I like to keep it with this name.

If no strong objection - I'll submit it, and then you can make any
adjustments to the API (method names, etc) if you have other preferences.

Costin