tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Fu-Tung Cheng <futung.ch...@yahoo.com>
Subject hotdeploy of war files results in static variable being null
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:06:52 GMT
Hi,

I sometime hotdeploy my war file to tomcat 6.0.16.  I have noticed that a static variable
in one of my classes then ends up being null.

The variable is initialized as follows:

private static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(MyClass.class);

and then used below in a method:

public void mymethod(String mystring) {
  logger.info(mystring + " did something");
}

This is a little annoying as I then need to restart the server for this class to work properly.

Is this a known bug?  I could probably create a little sample war file to demonstrate the
issue but I don't want to go through that if you guys already know about the issue.

Thanks,

Fu-Tung