tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Prof. Dr.-Ing. Albrecht Weinert" <albre...@a-weinert.de>
Subject Re: path to becoming a committer
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:40:34 GMT
Quintin Beukes schrieb:
> I'm not sure exactly what is invovled in becoming a committer for Tomcat,
> but it generally involves submitting patches, and when the amount you
> submitted becomes extensive/large,  then you are offered an SVN account.

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 4:28 PM, ilango_g <ilangocal@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> How will I qualify to become a committer on an Apache project like Tomcat.
>> What can be a path to becoming one. What do I need to do?
>>
>> thanks
>> ilango
>> --

Well, some times ago I under-went the same sought for answers,
on:
How to commit?
What is Tomcat's definition of patch?
(wrt changed or new source code) etc.
It brought me to just using substantial improvements
in a very limited scope of users.

I'm a bit consoled, seeing not to be the only
(stupid) one who can't find the answers easily.

Sincerely
      Albrecht

To sum it up: A manual "How to become co-developper" would be a
great help.