tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: C code needs review
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 06:42:31 GMT
Mladen Turk wrote:
> Mark Thomas wrote:
>> I've just attached a couple of patches to
>> One of the patches is a patch to native and since all I know just
>> about know enough C to be dangerous, I would be grateful if someone
>> who actually knows what they are doing when it comes to C could review
>> it.
> Patch makes sense, but at the first look it's not
> very well implemented. Think we could skip the conversion
> of compile time APR_* flags to our flag translation.
I assumed the translation was in place because the flags might be different
on different platforms.

> Also, some socket implementations allows IPV4 bind on
> IPV6 socket, so it might be usable only when there is
> custom configuration that doesn't permit IPV4 bound
> IPV6 addresses. In standard case it might even break the
> things.
Thought things might be a little more complex.

> I'll take a more deeper look at it this week.
Great - many thanks. I have a test system that can reproduce this issue so
let me know when you have a better patch and I can test it.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message