tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Quintin Beukes" <quin...@last.za.net>
Subject Re: Vicious Bug in the JSP code?
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:44:15 GMT
Hey,

My own experience and insight also suggests an application error.
Though I spent hours trying to find one, which I couldn't (which in
itself is rare for myself). I have one more question suitable for this
list though.

When tomcat creates an instance of ServletRequest, ie
CoyoteRequest/Request, is a new one created for every request, or is
there a pool of them. I assume a new one is created as I've never seen
such a pool, and the object itself looks pretty immutable in some
aspects, but I would rather prefer to have it confirmed than rely on
my limited experience with the code.

Quintin

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> Quintin Beukes wrote:
>>
>> Eitherway, here is some more proof that it is tomcat:
>
> Experience suggests that the root cause will be in the application rather
> than in Tomcat. This issue is best debugged via the users list.
>
> In the unlikely event that the debugging shows that this is a Tomcat bug,
> please open a Bugzilla entry and provide a test case that reproduces the
> issue that we can investigate.
>
> Mark

Quintin Beukes