tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From rhiren <>
Subject How to Kill or Stop a request processing on the server side?
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:52:35 GMT

    How to stop or kill a request processing on the server side, once the
client decides to abort the request. For Ex. in our web app, user can send a
request to load a document. While document is being loaded we show users a
processing dialog which has a cancel button. Sometimes document loading can
take a very long time because we do some processing on the document content
before returning it. Meanwhile user might decide to cancel this request by
clicking on the Cancel button. How can I stop the processing of that request
on the server, so that it does not spend any more time on the document
content processing and frees up the CPU and memory.

Sent from the Tomcat - Dev mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message