tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Chang Ben <changxiangzh...@yahoo.com.cn>
Subject Re: Re: How to deploy the tomcat4.1.x into eclipse?
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:04:23 GMT
Thanks a lot quintin, you've supplied a brand new way to build a project, I had never tried
that way, in another words I hope you can explain that in a more specific way, or may you
supply me a url of that tutorial. If I can manage that project, I intend to summarize the
details of the building process and subscribe it to the open source(If they need).

  Best wishes
  Thanks a lot

Quintin Beukes <quintin@last.za.net> 写道:
  Hey Chang,

I figure the best way to do this would be to NOT have eclipse build
the project, but use "External build tools".

If you right-click the project, and click properties. Goto the
Builders page, and disable the Java builder. Then click New button,
and add an Ant builder. From those pages you can define which tasks
need to be run for separate build steps (like compile, clean,
automatic build, etc.)

>From here you can run tomcat, but adding an "External Tool". Click the
run menu, goto External tools, then open the External Tools Dialog.
>From here you can add another task that runs the "bin/catalina.sh
start" script.

On 6/26/08, changxiangzhong wrote:

> Hello, everybody!
> I wonder how to do that? Because when tc at version 4.1.x there are four
> sub-projects, I have tried with the eclipse import the jars, and
> successfully killed all the compiling errors, but when I started it there
> was some exceptions which has no meanings, I guess it is the resources(such
> as server.xml, *.icons) that which damaged the whole projects. So I hope
> there would be someone to help me run that project.
>
> It would be appreciated if you can offer me a link to download a
> eclipse-format project.
>
> Or maybe I should have done with the build.properties? build each of the
> sub-projects?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> --

Quintin Beukes