tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r667604 - /tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/session/StandardSession.java
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:33:33 GMT

William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Tim Funk wrote:
>> Since there was never a release from trunk - there really isn't a
>> change log. When trunk is released as a new branch it should have a
>> RELEASE-NOTES which highlight why its a different branch but
>> maintaining change log for an unreleased version doesn't make much
>> sense to me.
>
> Hmmm - perhaps the simple fact that it's a code base is enough to warrant
> a change log against the last released flavor?

Nearly all of the changes in trunk get ported to 6.0.x where the change log
is kept up to date.

I agree changes that aren't going to be ported should be documented (code
clean-up, conversion to generics, etc should be summarised under a single
entry). That really needs a diff between the two to make sure we capture
everything. I just kicked such a diff off to see what it looks like.

Mark