tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r663385 - /tomcat/current/svn15/tc5.5.x/
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:29:29 GMT

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:

> Mark Thomas wrote:
>>
>> Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
>>>
>>> oh, maybe I missed the email discussion where we talked about adding
>>> this to svn
>>
>> There wasn't any discussion but what is there to discuss?
> I would change the choice of names and the SVN location,
> for me looking at svn, I have no idea what current/svn15 means, and when
> I check out
> current (to get the 3,4,5 branches)
>
> I know what current/tc4.1.x means
> I know what current tc5.5.x means
>
> but svn15? what does that mean, and how does it belong in current?

Well, they could read the docs:
http://tomcat.apache.org/svn.html

I don't mind what it is called. If you have a better name for it, feel free
to rename it.

I also don't mind where it ends up in the tree. If you prefer
/tomcat/current/... and /tomcat/current-svn15/... then again, feel free to
rename/move it.

All I ask is that you use svn move so svn clients can track what is going
on without a massive delete and re-checkout.

Mark