tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Updating JDT
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 13:50:18 GMT
Remy Maucherat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was testing a JDT update, but unfortunately, the download system
> changed.
>
> While the 3.3.1 binary can be obtained by a generic URL
> (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.3.1-200709211145/eclipse-JDT-3.3.1.zip),
the 3.3.2 binary apparently does not have that (http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.3.2-200802211800/eclipse-JDT-3.3.2.zip
returns HTML). It should be possible (but ugly and failure prone, as before) to return to
hitting a mirror directly.

> Any ideas ?

Perhaps in the future we could use heanet.ie mirror and put 3rd
party dependency there if they tend to change the download mechanism
frequently.
We are using it already when building (for native),
so it won't be a technical problem.
We have access to that box via SCP (all that is needed is persons
public key, and me or jean-frederic can add him)

This would also allow historic builds, without the fear that the
package will disappear in the future.

Unfortunately we cannot do that inside ASF because of licensing
issues, but thanks to Ireland's official mirror site we have
almost unlimited bandwidth and storage capacity.

Regards
--
^(TM)