tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Barclay <a...@planet-barclay.com>
Subject Re: Potential problem with COMET & sendfile
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 21:32:00 GMT
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
> I don't see any use case for Comet+sendfile make sense.
>
> but if you do it, you should

> set your sendfile stuff
> call CometEvent.close()
>
> ie, the event shouldn't be cometized when doing sendfile, it makes
> zero sense since when the file is sent, the HTTP request is over.
You're right. In this case because I'm dealing with the request in the
begin event and doing a sendfile the request won't be cometized. The
other case is where the verb is a put or a post at which point it will
be cometized. Yes I am doing a close on the event, it breaks really
horribly if you don't do this.

Alex.