tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Mavenizing Tomcat : Was: Osgifing Tomcat
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 00:32:31 GMT
Costin Manolache wrote:
> Aren't we in 'comit then review' mode for the trunk ?
>
> My understanding was that RTC is in effect for the stable releases, but not
> the trunk,
> and if there is no controversy ( and so far I think the only major issues
> was 'don't touch file structure or break ant' ) - he can just submit.

if that was the case, the old trunk would have never been moved to sandbox,
that trunk was moved to sandbox based on code that never got a veto, -1.

I think the group has been careful lately, and always discussing changes
to a consensus even before committing to trunk to avoid conflicts like
that last one, which got quite ugly, even though it was just following CTR.

in terms of the maven stuff, I don't fully believe that it is non
intrusive yet. if it means adding poms everywhere in our java source
code directory structure, i would consider that intrusive.
> Sorry, I haven't been paying attention to all the rule changes - if someone
> could
> post the short version, I'm quite interested - I plan to re-start
> contributing few things and it
> would be good to know the process.

consensus is always good to have, dont think we have fully recovered
from the last episode yet to the point where we can just CTR anything

and listen to me, I was the one that marked revolutionary :)

Filip