tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tomcat Wiki] Update of "FAQ/Windows" by JasonSperske
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 16:58:11 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by JasonSperske:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Windows

The comment on the change is:
Added help with Vista related issues

   1. [#Q5 I want to redeploy web applications, how do I prevent resources from getting locked?]
   1. [#Q6 Can I use UNC paths?]
   1. [#Q7 Why can't Tomcat see my mapped drive when running as a service?]
+  1. [#Q8 Why aren't access logs showing up in Tomcat on Vista?]
+  1. [#Q9 Why do I get a "HTTP/1.x 400 No Host matches server name" error when I change the
"webapps" folder in Tomcat on Vista?]
+
  == Answers ==
  [[Anchor(Q1)]]'''Why do I get Out of Environment Space?'''

@@ -40, +43 @@

  The mapped drives are part of a user's profile and they are not used when running as a service.
You should be OK with UNC paths.

+ [[Anchor(Q8)]]'''Why aren't access logs showing up in Tomcat on Vista?'''
+
+ By default, the Tomcat Windows Service installer attempts to place Tomcat inside the "Program
Files" folder.  Default Vista folder permissions cause various logging functions (though mysteriously
not every log function) to fail silently.  It is best to change Tomcat's install folder to
something like "C:\Tomcat".  This issue can be hard to spot because by default the access
logs are not enabled and the example webapps work just fine.
+
+ [[Anchor(Q9)]]'''Why do I get a "HTTP/1.x 400 No Host matches server name" error when I
change the "webapps" folder in Tomcat on Vista?'''
+
+ By default, the Tomcat Windows Service installer attempts to place Tomcat inside the "Program
Files" folder.  Default Vista folder permissions conflict with the contents of the "webapps"
folder, can case a blank page to come up when attempting to access the webapp.  By using a
HTTP Header inspector like "[https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3829 Live HTTP
Headers]" you can see a slightly more descriptive error message.  It is best to change Tomcat's