tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Osgifing Tomcat
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:39:36 GMT
Well, IMHO the servlet spec is going from bad to worse in terms of
complexity and feature bloat, so
careful what you wish :-)

My point was mostly that we don't have to implement OSGI HttpService, it may
be ok to use them for
modularization but for servlet-specific APIs we should stick with the JSRs.

I think extending a bit the JMX support ( i.e. exposing more setters and
methods ) would cover most
use cases and fit with the rest of tomcat quite well.

Costin