tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Osgifing Tomcat
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:03:33 GMT
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Henri Gomez <henri.gomez@gmail.com> wrote:

>  >  And that would be the reason for -1.
>  >  If a build system requires intrusive changes and forces a particular code
>  >  organization - it shouldn't be used.
>
>  that's maven phylosophy, not so bad.

The layout may be good ( by some people taste ) - the bad is imposing
it on others.
We need build tools, not philosophy.

>  >  It is a choice each project can make, some people  like intrusive tools :-)
>
>  Intrusive ? Nope, just maven convention.

If the maven convention is to move files around just to use a
particular tool - that's quite
intrusive IMO.

>  Using maven and keeping the actual layout will be possible, but will
>  complexify the mvn and poms.

That's maven's problem - I don't think there is any value in
continuing this discussion,
again - if you can support maven by adding a build/maven directory and
whatever files
inside - you have my +1, I'm all for making it easy to build - as long
as the tools are not
intrusive and don't force in their religion and arbitrary conventions.

Costin