tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Costin Manolache" <cos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Osgifing Tomcat
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:39:43 GMT
I think OSGI has some good ideas - it is pretty good at handling class
loaders and loading/unloading modules. On the other side, they are
very 'framework'  - and like all other frameworks you have to do all
things their way and they re-invent a lot of wheels ( from logging
APIs to almost everything else ). If we could stick to the core - i.e.
module loading/unloading - it wouldn't be bad.

I did a quick search for OSGI implementations with apache license -
and it looks there is even an apache project, felix...

Costin