tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Gomez" <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mavenizing Tomcat : Was: Osgifing Tomcat
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 05:50:02 GMT
>  This is just an alternative for those people who want to use a
>  slightly easier / user-friendlier build system.  We could do worse
>  than lowering the barrier to entry for new contributors.

The idea is to :

- keep the current source layout

- keep the build.xml

- add some subdirs with pom.xml

- add a pom.xml to the base, where an ant task will grab sources,
subdirs/pom.xml and assemble them in an alternative location before
building.

it's tricky and unusual in a maven world, but it will help maven users
to have quickly a running Tomcat from scratch.

No revolution here, not even evolution, just an alternative :)