tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Gomez" <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Tomcat memory leaks
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:30:38 GMT
you could activate jmxremove to track it in real time via JConsole :

Add these to JAVA_OPTS :

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8090
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote=true
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Djava.awt.headless=true

Also commercial products like Jprofiler are definitive good candidates
to track memory licks

Regards

2008/4/11, Guenter Knauf <fuankg@apache.org>:
> Hi all,
>  I've a prob with a Tomcat application.
>  This is an app which was bought by a customer which I work for.
>  The app runs on a plain WinXP box with nothing else installed on it but only the Tomcat
servive + MySQL server. The app is used through the standalone http connector; Tomcat version
is 5.5.25.
>  Now since few days the box tends to crash with all memory exhausted...
>  I cant tell at the moment if any component of the involved software packages was updated
recently.
>  Now my question is: can someone give me some hints how I can observe the memory consumption
of Tomcat to see if there might be a leak either in Tomcat self (saw some BZ, and ChangeLog
entries that something was fixed with 5.5.26), or also with their app?