tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Manico <...@manico.net>
Subject Re: Assuring Security by testing
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 13:56:12 GMT
Mark,

I agree with all of your comments 100%.

If you really wanted to conduct an in-depth security analysis, the best
bet is to hire a dedicated application security company to conduct a
targeted code review.

Most automated application security tools are crap. But for the sake of
academic research, the Fortify Tomcat report might be a little interesting.

--
Jim Manico, Senior Application Security Engineer
jim.manico@aspectsecurity.com | jim@manico.net

Aspect Security™
Securing your applications at the source
http://www.aspectsecurity.com