tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <>
Subject Re: Mavenizing Tomcat : Was: Osgifing Tomcat
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 23:18:18 GMT
Henri Gomez wrote:
>>  -1 for any change to the build in Tomcat 6.0.
> Why ?
simply because it requires changes, I like to think we work according to
"if it aint broke, don't fix it", and since the maven build doesn't give
us anything the ANT build already does, then there seems to be little
point of it.
I suggest you go back in the archives, the comments you'll see this time
around, will be the same when this issue was brought up last and was
voted down.
In this case remy probably didn't explain his -1, cause it's been
discussed before. normally a -1 must come with a technical
justification, and there were several last time we discussed this.