tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Osgifing Tomcat
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 19:52:21 GMT
hi Henri,

Henri Gomez wrote:
> So nobody object for some experimentation around mavenizing Tomcat 6 ?

no one can object what you do on your own time. It's your given right.
However, if you look at the previous discussions around the Maven topic,
you will see it is highly unlikely that the Tomcat community as it is
today will adapt Maven anytime soon, if ever. No one has yet produced a
viable reason for us to do so, and the OSGi-fying features of Maven, are
not good at all, and one can produce a much better and cleaner manifest
manually or simple package scanners with tools like jarjar.

Filip